The Therapeutic Relationship
Deepening the therapeutic relationship; seeing your patient
through clear lenses.
Helping healthcare professionals move towards becoming the best versions of themselves for the good of humanity through personal growth.
The purpose of this workshop is to introduce awareness around personal bias/history influencing the clinician-patient relationship resulting in:
- Increased confidence in practice
- Better clinical decision making
- Deepening trust with patients, which often equals better patient compliance
- Patients feeling heard with more connection and rapport
- Better ability to have empathy for self & patients
- Clarity with boundaries
- Experiential learning - an interactive/collaborative group hands-on learning process deepening the understanding of the material.
- Learning through your real life clinical experiences
- Introduction to the theory around unconscious beliefs and how they may influence your life, your relationships, and your practice.
- The importance of personal growth & self care for healing professions
Learning space: Online Experience
- A meal delivery voucher is included with the workshop so you don't need to worry about making your own food for the day - Sponsored by Cytomatrix
- Small group size for a unique connected personal experience.
- A care package will available to you following the workshop
- Join from the comforts of your own home.
- Wear whatever makes you feel comfy (pajamas, fluffy slippers, your favorite sweater with a hole in it). There's no dress code for this workshop so you may as well be comfortable.
Facilitator: Dr. Aaron Wong, ND, RTC, BASc
- I believe that doing our own personal work and making self care a priority as healthcare professionals makes us better equipped to help our patients. What I hear repeatedly from patients is that many healthcare providers are not aware of the emotional impact they are having on their patients. Through my counselling training, I learned the importance of emotional responsibility within the therapeutic relationship which is something that is often not covered in the training of other health care practitioners. I feel strongly that if more clinicians had this same training and consideration around emotional responsibility and accountability, we could increase the quality of care we offer our patients and allow them to feel safe, truly heard, supported, and cared for. My hope for this course is that we start to explore some of our bias and our unconscious impact on our patients. Having integrated this work into my practice, I have noticed a deeper connection with my patients. They feel more hopeful and trusting which has resulted in better follow through on treatment plans.
DATE: Sunday January 16, 2022
WORKSHOP STARTS: Promptly at 8:30am
WORKSHOP ENDS: Approximately 6:00-7:30pm
Please note: leaving the workshop early cannot be accommodated as it affects the entire group dynamic. Be mindful that you may need time for reflection, self care and rest after the workshop.
FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS:
Early Bird Pricing: $299 + GST before Dec 17, 2021
Regular Pricing: $349 +GST after Dec 17, 2021
FOR HEALTHCARE STUDENTS:
Early Bird Pricing: $199 + GST before Dec 17, 2021
Regular Pricing: $249 +GST after Dec 17, 2021
For 3rd and 4th year students in currently in clinic or for 1st or 2nd year students with previous practitioner experience in the caring professions
PAYMENT PLAN AVAILABLE: Cost is spread over 4 equal monthly payments